The summer is upon us and we often ask ourselves, what activities are available in our area? We thought of offering you a list of activities located in the national capital region. You will also find some free activities.
*Please check museum websites for effective dates.
- Canadian Museum of Nature: free on Thursdays from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- Canadian Museum of History & Canadian War Museum: free on Thursdays from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- National Gallery of Canada: free on Thursdays from 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum: free every night from 4:00 to 5:00 pm
- Canadian Aviation and Space Museum: free every night from 4:00 to 5:00 pm
- Canada Science and Technology Museum: free every night from 4:00 to 5:00 pm
Events and Activities:
- Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo: May 18th to September 3rd 2018. Open every day from 10 am to 5 pm. Link
- Kids Bowl Free at Walkley Bowl : May 19th to September 2nd Free membership required, for more info.
- Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill: from July 9th to September 3rd, every night at sun down. Free 30 minutes bilingual show. Link
- Festival franco-ontarien : June 14th to 16th 2018 at Major Hill’s Park. Link
- Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival: June 21st to 24th 2018, Mooney’s Bay Park. Free entry to watch the races, concerts and to the Family Fun Zone. Link
- Mosaïculture : open every day from June 24th to October 15th 2018, at Jacques Cartier Park, Gatineau. Link
- RCMP’s Canadian Sunset Ceremonies:
June 27th to 30th. Link
- Cirque du Soleil-Corteo: June 27th to July 1st 2018, at Canadian Tire Centre. Multiple representations, see website.
- Canada Day Celebrations: July 1st 2018 on Parliament Hill. Free activities and concerts.
- Osgoode Medieval Festival: July 14th to 15th 2018. Link
- Casino Lac-Leamy Sound of Light: Wednesdays and Saturdays August 4th to 18th, 2018 at the Canadian History Museum. Link
- Capital Fair : August 17th to 26th 2018, at Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino. Link
- Hot Air Balloon Festival: August 30th to September 3rd 2018, at La Baie Park, Gatineau. Link
Parks and Beaches:
- Beaches with lifeguards: Visit website
- Fletcher Wildlife Garden: Walking trails. 917 Sherwood Dr., Ottawa
- Millenium Park: 358-500 Millennium boul., Orleans
- Major’s Hill Park: Pathways and rest areas
- Brewer Park: Public park with water park and picnic area. 100 Brewer Way, Ottawa
- And many more, visit website.
List of activities to do at home
Here is a Bucket List to give you ideas this summer
The important thing is to take advantage of this season to do activities in open air and/or with family. Be careful, stay hydrated and apply sunscreen!
Have a nice summer,
The CISS Team
Sources : Ottawa Tourism, Tourisme Outaouais, http://www.kidsinthecapital.ca/