Visuals are a tool to visually convey messages and ensure they are understood.
The purpose of visuals is:
- To capture and sustain attention
- To facilitate comprehension
- To promote expressive communication
- To organize physical space and material
- To develop autonomy
- To develop play and social skills
- To encourage desired behaviour
Visual Strategies – Types and Definitions (click image for full list)
Hand Washing Routine
Create Visual Supports
Activities, songs, games, social skills toolbox, calendar, toileting picture cards, etc.